Saturday, April 12, 2008

Make Every Moment Count

This was an uplifting and encouraging chapter! It is so important to make daily connections with our students and share our hearts and lives with them. I plan to model some of the secrets of good writers with my students and have them add to the list. This will also be a great resource to share with next year's students. The suggestions given by Regie on how to wisely use our time as teachers makes so much sense. Reduce the paper load, limit the work you take home, don't teach concepts in isolation and have a life outside of school. I think I will copy her top ten suggestions for fitting writing into the classroom and post it where I can see it everyday. As for now, I am going to follow Regie's advice to reduce stress and have more energy for teaching by having a life outside of school and taking time to see the light!
Thanks Regie!!

No comments: